Hidden Creek Ranch
Barn Rules and Facility Etiquette
1) IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN SAFETY TO ALL RIDERS AND HORSES we have established the following rules:
2) The stables are open any time for your use only during events, clinics, lessons, or by apt only. If you would like to visit/stay the facility for other reasons please request prior approval from Hidden Creek Ranch.
3) All riding and horse handling is done at your own risk!
4) For mounted archery specific activities:
i) Absolutely no shooting without a designated range martial present
ii) Properly warm up your horse before donning archery equipment
iii) Archery Tracks - Riders are only allowed to ride at the gait and speed that they have demonstrated competence at in the arena.
iv) Adhere to all MA3 (Mounted Archery of the Americas) National Ranking event rules.
v) Adhere to IHAA course and competition rules.
5) During days and times for designated practice, competition, clinic, or event-
a) Do not turn out horses in arenas or round pen
b) No additional riders or horses that are not signed up for practice, competition, clinic, or events without prior permission from HCR personnel
6) Arena use - Everyone can co exist and use at once but be respectful of who is using (children etc). If you wish to lunge your horse while someone else is riding please ask to make sure it will not bother the other horse.
7) No riding, handling, or being near horses when under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If you are found to be intoxicated while handling, riding, or near horses, you will be removed from the property at once.
8) 7. DO NOT FEED, RIDE, HANDLE OR MEDICATE ANY HORSE WITHOUT DIRECTION OF HIDDEN CREEK RANCH PERSONNEL
9) Please make sure all tack, brushes, saddles etc are picked up and placed back in the respective area.
10) Cigarette smoking, cigar smoking and pipe smoking are prohibited except in designated areas:
a) Inside your vehicle
b) Spectator areas
11) No bicycle riding, skate boarding, roller blading, skating or ball playing on the premises.
12) Children under the age of 13 are to be under adult supervision at all times. Children are not allowed to climb on the farm implements or fences. No running, yelling or boisterous play, especially when horses are present.
13) All owners and riders need to pick up after their horses. Please clean your own stall/corral before departure.
a) Hidden Creek Ranch require that you have prior permission to bring your dog to the premises.
b) You must have your dog under control at all times. You must maintain control of your dog at all times, no excessive barking.
c) No dogs at or near the mounted archery track.
15) Any loss of equipment is not the responsibility of HCR, its owners or employees
16) Any damages to vehicles or trailers being stored/parked at HCR are not the responsibility of HCR, its owners or employees.
17) All gates are to be kept closed.
18) All stall doors are to be locked and secured.
19) No mounting/dismounting in the barns.
Your cooperation in recognizing the importance of these rules, as well as adhering to them, is greatly appreciated. This is your notice of these rules. The first offense of breaking these rules will be a written warning. Second offense will be removal of you and your horse(s) from the property and your boarding contract will be cancelled immediately. These rules are for your protection as well as your children and horses. The above rules are subject to change at management’s discretion, you will be notified in writing of any changes.
Posted Barn Rules
For the safety of our horses and riders, we ask kindly that you adhere to the following rules while at Hidden Creek Ranch:
1. No smoking or pets.
2. Hard hat and hard-soled shoes with a heel must be worn when mounted.
3. Young children must be supervised.
4. No running or sudden movements.
5. No shouting or loud noises.
6. Gates must remain closed.
7. Stall doors must remain closed.
8. Report any unsafe condition immediately.
9. Respect others: clean up after yourself and your horse.
10. Don feed any horses without express permission.
11. NEVER ENTER A FIELD WITH HORSES IN IT.
12. If you are unsure of what you are doing, ask for help.
13. Never enter a stall without permission.
14. Make sure the horse is aware of your presence before approaching.
15. NEVER GO UNDER A HORSE.
16. Do not allow friends or siblings to handle horses.
17. Do not mount until an instructor has checked the girth.
18. Always have a halter or bridle on your horse. Hold or tie the horse. Horses may not be loose.
19. Do not mount or ride a horse in the barn.
20. For mounted archery specific activities:
1. Absolutely no shooting without a designated range martial present
2. Properly warm up your horse before donning archery equipment
3. Adhere to all MA3 National Ranking event rules.
4. Adhere to IHAA course and competition rules.
661.245.3511 - Ventura County Sherriff Lockwood Station
Location of HCR
343 Lockwood Valley Road.
Heather or Ken Lomax